Monday 16 May 2011

Cookbooks


I am currently reading Nadine's Abensur's Cranks Fast Food and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's Everyday to improve on my repertoire of quick and simple after-work supper dishes, however the above photograph shows the bookshelf with my favourite cookbooks. There's enough inspiration here to last me a lifetime and though I may still purchase the occasional cookbook I think I am becoming clearer about the kind of food I would like to be able to prepare more regularly. A sort of vegetarian Nigel Slater with a touch of the Ottolenghi's at the weekend...

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Nadine Abensur and have all her books. Her books intro'd me to all those flavours and flavour combinations that Ottolenghi is now introducing here.

    PS I'm admiring your new addition on your bookshelf - Denis Cotters For the Love of Food - its on my wish list. I may have to wait a little while before I treat myself to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have similar tastes. I like the Dennis Cotter book - look out for my post "fridge soup" coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Nadine's Fast Food book, have made more recipes from there than any other recipe book I have!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.